Sunday, December 21, 2008

Chicken Curry

Had been thinking of kick starting this post for long time. The impetus finally given by shweta. All right here goes.Been in Bristol for like 2 months now. Must say life has gone topsy turvy in the Queen's land. For instance have been wakin up at 5 for my job at a supermarket every saturday and sunday. I know many of them wont believe that. All credit goes to Chiu(Vinaya) who pesters me every saturday and sunday. Then the daunting task of stacking the newspapers on saturday. GOD firangs do read a lottt...But all they want is celebrities and weather ...
Today morning was like any other one.....snore snore....nikhil do the papers...awryt mate...snore snore...hop on the till...cheers mate....snore snore......take a break....snore snore....back to the TILL..... Krystal in every 15 mins...."nikhil u all right"....snore snore.....a drunken bastard askin at 11 am...."do u ve whipped condoms"....buzzed off by the security....
2pm bliss......Aaj mood aagaya chicken banau....never did that.....
Asked help from my house mate Ali from Pakistan. Inshallah hamari urdu kamayat dayegi aap logo pe.....We had a blast today.I started off at 7 pm to you know clean and chop the chicken.Listening to hindi songs TZP,Aatif,Ali Azmat.....and my favourite Two steps behind(Luv u jaan)....We were talking about movies and polictics. Its hard to believe that we have so much enemity between our countries. Obviously when it comes to India I get all agressive and when it comes to Pakistan he gets all you know. But do you know the sole wish of Ali bhai-jaan is to tour Mumabi atleast once. I think its because of its charisma. Ali's Ammi watches Kyuki....hhehehe and we cribb about it.....
The difference lies not in our approach to life but to our approach to history....We will never leave our history, which was actually just word of mouth. For that matter I would not too. Even now I feel down with Pakistan because of it proxy war. But after meeting people like Ali you tend to for once believe that we are one. Ummmmmmm I dont know in a very confused state of mind.
Anyways the chicken was marvellous (thanx to Ali bhai) and it took me 3 hours to cook it and must say it was worth the effort. I am on my bed now and would probably go to bed or watch jeff dunham . Until then Merry christmas my friends and will see you soon.

1 comment:

vivek said...

is this nikhil aka the bindasssss............(the ass is resounding) guy, I've known for so many years??? never thot u cud be that philosophical...
great yaar, merry christmas ......
keep enjoying the babes, booze and beaches(or the biting winter...)...